As the crazy time of year has begun, are you stuck for ideas of meaningful presents to get friends and family?
Here is a list of gift ideas.
For the crazy chook person
- A chicken health kit – Include De-louse Powder, Shellgrit, Probiotics for Chickens and Chicken Wormer. Place in a small wooden box or basket and tie a hessian bow and gift tag on the box. If you buy small amounts this should be under $50
- An antiquarian chicken book from a second hand book shop. Often to a chook person these are collectors items and a very interesting read
For the nature lover
- A box of native bees (can be ordered online now) this will cost a $300-$400
- A book on native bees
For the Gardener
- A subscription to a garden club
- A worm farm and worms
- Subscription to a garden magazine
- An unusual tool for the garden such as a broad fork, a sickle or sythe
- The movie ‘Dirt’
- An edible plant such as an elderflower tree and include a recipe for elderflower cordial
- Some really good gardening gloves
- A pre-made bee hotel for the garden
I can give exact names and suggestions of presents in Australia if you message me. I shall now resume making up my Ag themed lolly bags for year 9.
I hope you can still spend time outside appreciating nature in this busy season.